Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 4 - Succes for Some, Backfire for Others - Pt.1



Its Tuesday now, and boy am I paying for the last 4 days of healthy eating. It must be said that we all celebrated with big bowls of ice creams tonight, so on some realm it must be labelled a success.

For breakfast I mashed up a leftover sweet potato and mixed it into my biscuit recipe. I served my sweet potato biscuits alongside a plate of sliced apples and s weird fruit my mother in law had brough us last week: Kiwi berries. They girls loved it, the son was not impressed. He did eat almost a cups worth of apples. (I counted it).

When they got the munchies during school, I told them the only snack they could eat must contribute to their fruit and vegetable quota for the day. The next thing I know my son had eaten 16 carrots. (2 carrots shy of achieving a 1 1/2 cup serving of vegetables.) I told him to eat 2 more carrots...

... I hope he doesn't turn orange :)

My littles had gobbled down an apple each (how their little tummies fit it, I do not know, and after lunch and some random veggies I had set out, my son had eaten ALL of his veggie requirements and only needed a 1/2 cup of fruit. WHOO HOO! Victory at last!

For dinner I made a dish using left over macaroni and cheese, (My finicky eaters love it fresh but will not eat it reheated), hamburger meat, salsa, corn, cheese, and for good measure I snuck in some leftover butternut squash. (I know I am bad, that's why I had to post this on my blog and not tell my friends about this side of me!) Each child had a serving of fruit and we all celebrate the sweet victory of a healthy day of eating.

AND NOW FOR THE BACKFIRE...
I have been miserable all day! I don't know if I went a little too heavy on the cabbage last night, but I have never had such an unpleasant smelling and uncomfortable day. Do you think this is nature's way of getting back at me??? Its enough to make me want to totally ditch the healthy eating effort and go back to life as normal.

What will I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment