Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A New Leaf

I've decided I have to share this series of events even if nobody reads this because it is just too funny to leave out

Friday evening my soo the emergency room complaining of a TERRIBLE stomach ache. We called the doctor, he told him to jump around and push on his stomach to see if it was his appendix, and finally suggested we take him in to be sure. Well, after an eventful stint in ER during a full moon, my husband calls me around 4am to tell me it was just a big case of consitpation. So after being relieved he was ok, I immediately began reproaching myself for not trying a suppository first because my 3 year old had gone through the same thing a few nights before Halloween, but we didn't asually go to the ER. How could I go through the exact same experience and not get a clue????

My second embarrassement was that I was apparently not feeding my children well enough, if they were coming down with big cases of constipation. (The ER discharge was full of enough "shame on yous" to make me want to bury my head in the sand.)

With new resolve I got on the computer, looked up portions and food requirements for a well-balanced diet at each age of my children and created a new rule: NO EXTRA SNACKS OR SWEETS UNTIL EACH CHILD HAS HAD THEIR APPROPRIATE SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES EACH DAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment